Unleash Your Passion for Sports: Introducing Our Internship Program!
Looking for a rewarding, diversely educational, and exciting way to spend your winter? Look no further! A7FL Indianapolis is currently seeking students in need of internship opportunities for the 2024 season. This internship promises to offer a little bit of everything for the student who is serious about pursuing a career in sports. From customer service and facility operations to on-field entertainment and community appearances, each day will bring about its own set of new experiences and challenges. Be a part of something special from the ground up with A7FL Indianapolis.
OPERATIONS | ENTERTAINMENT | FAN RELATIONS | SOCIAL MEDIA | MARKETING | PHOTOGRAPHY
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
A7FL Indianapolis interns will support specific departments throughout the season. The position will include event day duties and some non-game day events as well. The ideal candidate is a strong communicator with the ability to work in a team environment, have an eagerness to learn, and possess the flexibility to adapt to what each day brings. Interns must be committed to working long hours including nights, and weekends.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Besides game day duties, each intern will be responsible for helping prepare and maintain the facilities before the start of each home game to ensure fans receive the best experience possible.
• Throughout the internship, you will perform duties within the following areas: Operations, Entertainment, Fan Relations, Media, Marketing, and more!
• Interns may be expected to work on some non-game days as well as all game days to ensure they receive a well-rounded experience of the operation.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Current enrollment in an accredited program at a college or University with a degree emphasis in Sport Management, Event Management, Business Management, Marketing, and/or Hospitality.
• Intern must display professionalism – businesslike attitude, attire, cheerful disposition, teamwork, and candor/honesty/discretion/trust/judgment.
• Communication skills – strong oral and written communication skills and an ability to positively interact with all patrons attending events at the stadium and other venues.
• Dependability – available for early morning/late evening/weekend work - commitment to working nights/weekends.
• Needs and wants to be part of a winning team – having an ongoing sense of urgency.
• High energy, enthusiastic, ego-less individual with total team player orientation and ability to motivate colleagues at every level of the organization.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
• The internship runs from March- June (pending post-season play and each individual’s school schedule).
• All interns may qualify for a monthly stipend (up to 4 months).
• All interns must receive college credit for the internship OR be directly supervised by a professor or advisor from their accredited academic degree program at a University, College, or Vocational institution during the time of their internship (negotiable).